Welcome to the Tampa Bay United COVID-19 Resource page. This page hosts our Return to Sport Guidelines as well as other COVID-19 related information.
Tampa Bay United’s main priority is the health and safety of our players, staff, and members. Our club’s Return to Sport Guidelines follows all-county (Hillsborough), state, federal, and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. We ask all players, staff, and members to read and follow our Return to Sport Guidelines. If you feel sick, please stay home. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as but not limited to fever, cough, headache, loss of taste or smell, body aches, we ask that you get tested immediately. For Hillsborough County testing site information, click here.
If you have any health or Return to Sport procedural-related questions or concerns, contact our head Athletic Trainer Jimmy Spinale directly via email [email protected] or via phone 941-807-2517.
RETURN TO SPORTS PROTOCOL
2022-2023 Club Protocol:
As of August 2022, we request TBU staff, members, and players follow and adhere to the below protocols:
- For COVID positive coaches and players. Isolate for 5 days and then clear to come back. **We will continue to monitor this isolation piece and track any status change set forth by the CDC**
- Masks will be required to and from the field for 5 days after returning, 24 hours without any use of fever-reducing meds
- Vaccinated and boosted – considered 2 shots and boosted.- Self Monitor and can be on the field
- Vaccinated but > 6 months from last dose or unvaccinated – Quarantine for 5 days at home, get tested at least 5 days after exposure to a confirmed positive Covid. Wear a mask too and from the field from day 6-10, should the athlete, or coach develop any symptoms, test immediately.
As of January 3, 2022, we request TBU staff, members, and players follow and adhere to the below protocols:
- Masks will be required to and from the field and on the bench by players and coaches. Masks can be removed during play on the field.
- For COVID positive coaches and players. Isolate for 10 days and then clear to come back. **We will continue to monitor this isolation piece and track any status change set forth by the CDC**
- Vaccinated and boosted – self-monitor and can be on the field
- Vaccinated but > 6 months from last dose or unvaccinated and Household or other close exposure (school), quarantine for 10 days if not tested. If tested on day 5-7 and negative test can return on day 8.
As of August 10, 2021, we request TBU staff, members, and players follow and adhere to the below protocols:
- TBU coaches and staff who are not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times.
- It is strongly recommended that players and coaches wear masks to and from the field and ON THE BENCH (regardless of vaccination status)
- Adhere to signage of social distancing and separation of parents/spectators from players at all TBU events.
- It is strongly recommended that spectators wear masks and social distance.
- We recommend only bringing a limited number of family members to TBU events.
- Away travel and lodging should be arranged by individual families. It is recommended that everyone wear masks inside the hotel and avoid team gatherings indoors. If eating, outdoors is preferred with social distancing in place.
Contact tracing – We will continue with the protocol already in place (originally set in 2020).
- Vaccinated exposures: Return to normal activities but self-monitor and wear a mask (except when on the field). No eating/drinking around others (unless you social distance with 8 feet for water breaks). If the exposed individual becomes symptomatic, isolate and get tested.
- Unvaccinated: Quarantine for 10 days from the date of the exposed party’s positive COVID test or date of last contact (whichever occurred first).
- *Quarantine can end after 7 days with a negative test result 6 or more days from the date of last contact/date of contact’s positive test (whichever occurred first) – so long as they remain asymptomatic.
Previous 2020 – 2021 Club & County Protocol:
|PHASE 1||PHASE 2||PHASE 3|
PHASE 1*: Return to Sport protocol maintains a 9 player: 1 coach training ratio while maintaining non-contact social distance training as mandated by Hillsborough County Parks & Rec. Session length: 60-75 minutes. Temperature checks are required, face masks worn to and from the field, and no touching of soccer equipment.
PHASE 2*: Return to Sport protocol allows for large group training (contact allowed), session length: 60-90 minutes. Temperature checks are required, face masks worn to and from the field, and no touching of soccer equipment. As of September 14, 2020, intraclub competition is permissible at all four TBU campus locations, with no outside competition.
PHASE 3*: Return to Sport protocol allows for large group training (contact allowed). Session length: 60-90 minutes. Temperature checks are required and face masks are worn to and from the field. Introduction of interclub competition. Spectators must wear face masks and social distance 6 feet.
*The above-referenced information is an abbreviated outline of our Return to Sport Guideline by phase. For the complete outline, refer to our Return to Sport Guidelines.